Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goal Boards DIY

As previously posted in December, I decided I needed to create goals and display them somewhere to remind myself every day of what my goals are. I spent a while deciding what it was I wanted to achieve. If my goals are too lofty, I may not achieve them at all. I don't want to let myself down. On the other hand, if my goals are too simple to achieve, there is no challenge. 

I decided to make my goals reflect what makes me happy. If I am achieving positive things, then my life is bound to reflect that positivity! 

So here goes my list of 2014 goals:

  • Find joy in each day
  • Blog at least once a week
  • Go to a restaurant you've never been to before at least once a month
  • GRADUATE COLLEGE
  • Drink tea weekly
  • Photographically document your life in self portraits
  • Become a funeral director
  • Listen to music daily
  • Keep your room & car tidy
  • Surround yourself with people that love you back
  • Visit another state
  • Go to a concert
  • Attend church more often
  • Donate to goodwill more often
  • Attend a meditation session
  • Keep in touch with your friends
  • Create a new home for yourself
  • Write about your feelings
  • Meet new people
  • Tell yourself "You're worth it" every morning
  • Fall in love with yourself
  • Amaze yourself
  • Smile

After compiling this list, there were still goals I had in mind, I but wasn't sure if they'd happen in a year... So I created a five year goal board as well! These are a bit loftier or require more time (& money) to complete.

Five Year Goals:

  • Raise over $1,000 for a charity
  • Go skydiving
  • Visit 2 new countries
  • Live in another country for a minimum of 3 months
  • Vacation at least once a year
  • Learn to play guitar
  • Join a choir
  • Take a dance class
  • Take another photography class
  • Still weigh under 140 pounds


Once my lists were made, I created super cute reusable display boards for them DIY style! Here's what I used (all supplies purchased at Michaels craft store):
To assemble:
  1. Create the page how you want it to look - Do not write anything on it yet!
  2. Add nonspecific titles to the page such as "One Year Goals" or "Things to accomplish by..."
  3. Insert the page in the frame and secure the glass tightly on top.
  4. Treat your new frame as a dry erase board and write your goals and the year on the glass.
Either erase your goals as you accomplish them or cross them out to see how much you've accomplished. When the new year rolls around, wipe off and start a new list from a clean slate!!! I haven't gotten a chance to hang mine up on my wall yet as you can see, but that doesn't stop me from completing my list :-) What are your goals to accomplish for the new year?!

No comments:

Post a Comment